Ambitious Lead Urban Designer/Masterplanner sought to join the Manchester studio of Broadway Malyan
We are an award winning practice of Urban Designers, Masterplanners, Architects and Landscape Architects who design, detail and deliver the highest quality city transformations and urban developments. We have a strong portfolio of projects across a full range of urban scales being delivered by a growing and dynamic Urbanism team that is working through-out the UK and Globally.
Our vision is to be at the design forefront of the most inspiring communities and extraordinary places. Our team of over 70 dedicated Urbanists work collaboratively with the very best clients and design teams at home and abroad.
We are currently growing our Urbanism expertise and offer in the North of England/UK and we are seeking a highly talented masterplanner and urban designer with creative flair and individual drive who can help lead and assist in the development and delivery of our work.
We are seeking a proven and experienced individual who shares our love of placemaking and our commitment to delivering design and planning excellence and who is able to help grow our presence in the North of England/UK market and drive exceptional design outcomes through leadership of the highest quality.
This is a senior / leadership position within our global urbanism team; you will have responsibility for identifying and pursuing project opportunities and building strategic client relationships as well as taking forward and leading projects.
Your attributes should include:
· Passion for design excellence and leadership
· An established market reputation in urban design and masterplanning projects in the United Kingdom and/or Worldwide, ideally with proven experience in the North of England/UK
· Strong existing client networks, industry profile and knowledge
· Previous experience of designing town centres and city districts with a track record of exceptional projects related to urban environments
· Skilled in strategy and delivery, with demonstrable experience of lead consultant role and a track record of effective project collaboration
· Experience working in a global practice and across locations
· Excellent communication skills, ability to work with major clients and stakeholders to consult and present
· Strong self-motivation and entrepreneurial nature
· Pro-active leadership including coaching of others and promotion of a positive working environment
· Qualification in Architecture, Urban Design or Landscape Architecture with a minimum of 10 years’ experience
This is an excellent opportunity to work within an established and passionate team, to take on a leadership role within Broadway Malyan’s Urbanism offer and to build on a portfolio of the highest quality city shaping projects.
If you are interested in this vacancy, please send your CV to [email protected] quoting the job title in the subject line. You must have the right to work in the UK to apply for this vacancy.
Broadway Malyan is an Equal Opportunities Employer