6 month fixed term contract
(Full-time but part-time would be considered)
We are a successful international Architectural Design company and employ approximately 500 staff in 16 locations throughout the UK, Europe and in other international locations. Our business grows through our reputation and our success is dependent on the talents and enterprise of the people we employ.
The role will involve assisting with all legal issues arising from the running of a professional services business, including litigation, regulatory, intellectual property, general commercial, tortious and contractual matters.
Responsibilities will include:
- Assisting the lawyers when they are advising on, drafting and negotiating client matters including contracts, master service agreements, NDAs, collateral warranties, novation agreements etc...
- Providing assistance to the Company Secretary on corporate matters
- Assistance with contentious matters e.g. creating bundles of documents, retrieving files, co-ordinating with business colleagues to locate documents, first level review of documents.
- Legal Research for the lawyers on a variety of queries and matters.
- General administrative assistance.
Qualifications and Experience
- Law degree (2:1 minimum) or non-law degree followed by GDL plus, ideally, LPC or Legal Executive qualification.
- Previous experience in the construction industry preferred but not essential
- Experience of contracts for services essential.
- Strong personal communication skills, including oral/written communication, capable of dealing with ride range of people
- Strong organisational, planning and project management skills
- Good IT Skills including Microsoft office and Excel
- The ability to keep calm in a crisis and to cope well with conflicting deadlines.
- The ability to deal with problems in a practical and common sense way.
If you are interested in this vacancy, please send your CV to [email protected] quoting the job title in the subject line.
Broadway Malyan is an equal opportunities employer