Broadway Malyan is an international practice of architects, urbanists and designers. We seek to deliver buildings and places that meet the needs of our clients, enhance the environment and are both sustainable and rooted in their community. We believe in the added value of great design and place making. We have a genuine commitment to the task of making better cities and creating places which enrich people’s lives. We are a community of talented specialists. Working together, our staff form productive partnerships that deliver the results that clients have a right to expect from one of the most successful practices in the world.
Our BIM and Digital Design department are looking to recruit a Digital Practice Coordinator to work in our Weybridge or London Studio with visits to other Broadway Malyan offices. You will be responsible for developing, maintaining and disseminating BIM content Revit model audits Project technical support.
This is a full-time role, which will require the successful applicant to support our technical staff across sixteen offices worldwide by
• Identifying, collating and creating components (family’s, block’s and scripts) that can be downloaded by our Architects, Interior Designers and Master-planners for our central library.
• Carrying out regular Revit model audits and liaising with technical staff to ensure that company standards are understood and maintained.
• Providing ad-hoc project technical support.
• Assisting in the setup of projects correctly in Revit
• Delivering training to delivery team prior to commencement of project.
Being Autodesk Revit and AutoCAD proficient is essential yet you will be required to create content for any available software a technical staff member may require. Experience and skills in other software such as Dynamo, Navisworks and FormIt 360 will be considered favorably. Other applications would be beneficial but not essential as training can be given.
Adhering to, and continuously improving, our in-house standards, to keep up with industry and client requirements, we are looking for a passionate candidate who can match up with Broadway Malyan’s BIM and Digital Design vision to join us as we move forward ensuring we become leaders in our field in terms of BIM delivery.
Main duties and tasks
• Responsible for day-to-day implementation of BIM and Digital Design.
• Assist with project kick-off including BIM Execution Plan creation and support, setup of project correctly; using the correct AutoCAD or Revit template(s), disseminate the information requirements to the project team and keep records of projects and associated design tools being used.
• Ensure conformity with, the monitoring and management of, BIM standard methods and processes.
• Working as part of the Digital Practice support network providing, receiving and reacting to feedback from Digital Practice Champions and users on day-to-day issues that help to improve workflow / process.
• Day to day second line support on BIM and project technology based systems.
• Maintain up to date knowledge and understanding of the best practice for the interoperability of information exchange between relevant project technology environments. Including acting as the interface between disciplines.
• Liaise with technical teams to create content and resources, such as Revit families, satellite imagery, survey information, components, scripting, plot styles and graphic libraries to users as relevant. Ensuring that any appropriate updates are communicated.
• Uncover existing content from projects or central folder structure, validate and compliance check against internal standards.
• Deliver training to technical staff on how to use our tools and central library in line with our internal standards.
• Support external and internal stakeholders regarding any technical issues and improvement suggestions.
• Work with the Head of Digital Practice to ensure our in-house Content Creation Standards are up to date and relevant with regards the latest BIM standards and best practice particularly, PAS91, BS1192 and the National BIM Library.
• Test and quality check content ensuring that it works as intended and complies with in-house and best practice guidance.
Successful candidates will have the following experience and competencies:
Qualifications and Key Skills:
• High quality and expert user of: Revit 2013- 2016.
• AutoCAD Architecture 2014-2016
• AutoCAD LT 2014-2016
• SketchUP 2013- 2016
• Building Information Modelling and its associated standards (desirable)
• Proven experience in the application of CAD and BIM systems in a project based environment.
• Minimum 5 years’ experience of use of Revit and AutoCAD.
• Experience of working in an architectural environment (desirable)
• Excellent and clear communicator
• Personable and easy going
• Keen and inquisitive learner of project technology, tools and techniques.
• Team player
• Ability to mentor and train people on an individual and group basis
• Highly organised with attention to detail
• Flexible approach to work
• Effective change manager
• Strong personal awareness
• Ability to motivate and influence people.
• Willingness to travel regularly to other Broadway Malyan offices.
Broadway Malyan is an equal opportunities employer
If you are interested in this vacancy, please send your CV quoting the job title in the subject line.